Two-Story Worm Bin

February 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm Leave a comment

This morning I added a new layer to my worm bin, I may have left it a bit too long.  I have a Worm Factory 360 and started it in October – the worm population seems to have reduced somewhat and it is getting a little smelly.  This should do the trick though, I put 3/4 brick of coir (coconut fiber) mixed with water and some newspaper into the second story and placed it on top of the first one.  I will take a peek tomorrow to see if any of the worms have moved upward.  There seems to be rather a lot of paper left in the bottom layer, but I guess that will rot eventually.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: February 2011. Tags: , , .

Gardener’s Journal – 2/15/11 Gardener’s Journal – 2/19/11

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Calendar of Posts

February 2011
M T W T F S S
    Mar »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28  

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 10 other followers


%d bloggers like this: